Monday, July 4, 2011

Week Seven: Structurally Stifling

So I've talked a lot about my difficulties going back and forth between too much freedom that I didn't know what to do and too much planning that I didn't have creative freedom.  Last week started off all right, but by Wednesday, I was fighting to write just a few pages.  Being past the halfway point if obviously fantastic, but now I am at the crunch so I have to write certain scenes on certain days and that's not usually how I operate.  I finally realized what was happening on Friday and switched to a different POV to keep things from getting stiffling.  That seemed to work pretty weel.  So I've worked out a basic schedule for the next six weeks that keeps me switch perspectives every couple of days; that way, even though I'm under the clock, I'll keeping everything fresh.

Obviously, since everything fell apart my Weekly Stats are dismal 40 pages for the week - as if I skipped an entire day of writing.  Saturdays have now been added to my weeks.  I won't be working a full 9-5 on the weekends, but in addition to writing, I need to start editing what I've already written.  Some of that is going to have to happen on the weekends.

Later today - maybe during lunch, I'm going to post another update, so watch for that.  Until then, this is it for now.  Sorry it's so short.  It's really crunch time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment