Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HALFWAY THERE!

It's happened.  I've broken down the book into 6 major/equal parts, and I just finished the 3rd, which means I'm halfway there at 5.5 weeks into my 13 week project!

This half is 248 pages exactly (for the moment).  I'll be spending my Saturday going through my first edits of this draft - mostly just working on transitioning from scene to scene.  For the rest of the week, I'm full steam ahead for the second half -except for writing this blog post rather than continuing on the scene I've started because I'm to eager to concentrate.  I also maybe shouldn't have pushed myself with that second pot of coffee.

I have written 248 pages and ~72,000 words in approximately 35 days (give or take for sick/make-up days) and 5.5 weeks, which means: (numbers are rounded)
Per week my average page count is: 45.1
Per week my average word count is: 13,091
Per day my average page count is: 7.1
Per day my average word count is: 2,057

Unfortunately, that means I'm writing under-goal, since I'm trying to write at 10 pages per day.  But I won't get too weepy about it:  I'm kicking ass!

At the rate I'm going, I think I will have written all the scenes I need written by halfway through the 12th week, and I'll edit for the last week and a half instead of write.  If I can step up my game and get to writing at or above my goal like I was in the first couple weeks, I should be done in the 10th or 11th week, and I'll have 2 or 3 weeks to edit.

Of course, after that, I don't plan on considering the novel "done" in any way.  I'm tentatively calling my end product my Final Rough Draft.  I'm sure it will go through several edits after, but I want something complete ad cohesive at the end of these 13 weeks.  When we get closer to the end, I'll discuss my plans for the future of this blog.

As always, I appreciate your support!  Sending you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment