Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mid-Week Update

It's not technically the "middle" of the week when I'm posting on a Thursday, but it's not my usual post-week wrap-up, so I'm sticking with that sentiment for the term.

It's almost the end of my third week of writing.  Un-frikkin-believable.  I'll write much more here over the weekend when I have the time, but for now, I just wanted to update everyone on some amazing progress that I catalogued today.

Technically, I work 35 hour weeks.  32 of those are meant to be strictly writing, 27 strictly writing my novel.  That's how my daily schedule reads.  So, today should mark 378 hours of writing Prophecy.  Considering these are best laid plans... Well, you read my post last week and know the trouble I've been having focusing and the like.

Today during my editing session, I compiled everything I have written thus far in those 370-ish hours.  You see, I open a fresh Word Doc daily to write, and I save each day's work separately that way.  Today I put together my first manuscript draft, splicing together the character perspectives I've been writing in.

150 pages.

This is actually right on-track.  My goal is to write 10 pages a day, 50 pages a week.  What it's actually coming out to is closer to 11 pages per day (though some days, like yesterday, I've written nearly 15).

Weeks Completed: (almost) 3
Weeks Remaining: 10 (plus a day)
Total Number of Hours Spent Writing Novel: somewhere between 365 and 378
Total Number of Pages: 150 (almost exactly)

To borrow a phrase: So excite!

No comments:

Post a Comment