Monday, June 20, 2011

Week Five: Utter Failure

Just thinking about my weekly stats makes my head hurt.  I was well under my 50 page goal.  Granted, it's not really my fault when my head decides it wants to mimic the pain from a torture scene in 24, but I'm still bummed about it.

Still, I'm extraordinarily close to the halfway point in the novel.  My projection for it is Wednesday the 22nd, and I plan on writing through the evening until I get there.  After today I'll probably have about 30 more pages to write, based on the scenes I know need to happen and how long they tend to be.

Once I get to the halfway point, I'm going to start giving more information about the novel itself.  I don't think I've given a summary since week one.  I'm thinking about doing mid-week Character Spotlights; how does that sound to you?  I've also been working on another related project that I plan to premiere in a sister blog by the end of the summer.

I'm still lacking in the Facebook area.  It's awful.  I feel so disconnected from my friends not in my immediate physical space.  Also, I can't share this blog there, so I appreciate your efforts to do so!

Quote of the Week: Fail
I didn't write for two days, so there really wasn't much from which to choose.  I know I said I'd try for two this week, but c'mon.  Three days worth of material.  Plus, this is a long quote.

This quote is actually of a win for the main character, Nico, but a fail for the one she's dealing with.

"“You think you can kill me?” Nico asked
“Did you happen to notice how many people were in the room out there?”
54 patrons: half Prienvian, quarter Dwarven, and the rest a mix of Elven, Human and Hakathan. Plus the Prienvian barkeep. Nico liked challenges. Kept fight in the blood. “Nope.”
“Over fifty. And they’re all waiting for me to give them a signal.” The petite criminal giggled again. “So, let’s not be silly and do something you’ll regret in your afterlife.”
“Oh, I never allow myself to do something I’ll regret.”"

PS.  Sorry this is late getting up again this week.  I woke up late and didn't want to start writing late.
PPS.  Great start to this week, by the way.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment